High performance RISC-V fault tolerant on-board computer
The NANOhpm-obc is a high-performance RISC-V on-board computer, designed for most demanding LEO applications. NANOhpm-obc provides a versatile design in terms of variety of resources and available interfaces. NANOhpm-obc is based on a heritage NANOobc architecture, but enhanced with much more processing power. It delivers up to 100 MIPS of processing power with Fault Tolerant NOEL-V processor (Cobham Gaisler - CAES) in flexible SoC design. The NANOhpm-obc is delivered with flight proven NANOsky CMM Firmware framework, on top which application layer functions can be developed to suit any mission needs.
The NANOhpm-obc is powered by RISC-V 32-bit processor, with 2Gb of DDR3 memory (ECC protected) and 2 GB NVM Flash storage, in 1GB redundancy configuration (EDAC protected), and user available space is 512MB. NVM storage for TM data, logs, etc., is available in two banks of MRAM, in total of 256kB (EDAC supported) user available space.
- Radiation hardened by design to increase reliability and robustness
- SEL Immune FPGA and TID up to 300 krad
- Constant current monitoring and limiting
- Selective components technology selection with flight heritage
- EDAC/ECC protected memories
- Advance three-level FDIR protection and supervision function with embedded PicoSkyFT
- SoC powered by fault tolerant NOEL-V (Cobham Gaisler - CAES) RISC-V processor with FPU
- Redundant mass storage NAND Flash with capacity of 2 GB
- SEE immune non-volatile MRAM memories for TM storage
- Instant boot up at power on
- Comprehensive local subsystem telemetry (currents, voltages, temperatures, etc.)
- Dual LVDS interface links for high-speed data transfer (EIA/TIA-644)
- Dual RS422/485 interface links for high-speed data transfer (EIA/TIA-422)
- Redundant CAN interface for TM/TC
- 8 GPIOs with interface remapping capability (SPI, I2C, UART, 1PPS)
- GRMON3-Lite JTAG for NOEL-Vfor programming and debugging
- GNSS receiver with 1 PPS signal output capability
- Delivered with flight proven NANOhpm-obc Board Support Package that includes:
- Documentation (Datasheet, User guide)
- NOEL-V compiler toolchain for Linux/Windows,
- RTEMS with HAL libraries for all peripherals and
- GRMON3-Lite USB debugger/programmer.
- Optionally delivered with NANOsky CMM™ SDK that includes:
- Out of the box support with command, monitor and management functions.
- NANOobc FW with bootloader, emergency mode operation, FW image selection and integrity checks, FW update mechanism, parameters system, verified FDIR mechanism, CAN-TS and LVDS-TS communication stacks, housekeeping TM acquisition and logging, memory management, OBT management, redundancy management, permanent storage subsystem, software scrubber and more.
- Part of NANOsky SDK is also C++/Qt application framework for Windows/Linux which fully supports all firmware functionalities which furthermore eases integration with third party AIV/T or EGSE software, or building one from scratch.
- Fully supported by skyEGSE-GUI application
* NOEL-V and GRMON-3 are products of Cobham Gaisler - CAES
|Processor||NOEL-V 32-bit RISC-V core (RV32IMAFD) with FPU in PolarFire FPGA @ 50 MHz / 100 MIPS / 4.41 CoreMark/MHz|
|On board memories||RISC-V RAM: 256 MB DDR3 (ECC protected)
TM storage: 4 Mb MRAM (SECDED protected, unlimited read/write endurance, SEE immune)
Mass storage: 2 GB NAND Flash (SECDED protected)
|On-board communication interfaces||Redundant CAN bus
Dual High speed LVDS interface
Dual RS422/485 interface
8 GPIOs with multi-function
|On-board GNSS receiver||L1 C/A code
GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BDS / QZSS
|Supply voltage||5 V DC (+/- 10%)|
|Dimensions:||95 x 91 x 11 mm, fully compliant with PC104 form factor|
|Operation temperature||-10oC to +60oC|
|Storage temperature||-20°C to +65°C|