NANOamppt (2nd Generation)
The safest and most accurate solar array energy conversion unit
NANOamppt unit support the safest and most accurate solar array energy conversion method using the novel Analog Maximum Power Point Tracking feature, targeted for use on nano and microsatellites. NANOamppt is fully autonomous unit and compliant with NANOeps subsystem. It represents the second generation of SkyLabs’s flight proven equipment for the emerging space market. Its fault tolerance by design provides remarkable reliability and robustness against SEE. Fault tolerance is assured by the SkyLabs’ radiation harness assurance, that is based on a delicate component selection process and their radiation characteristics and flight heritage, latch-up protection by constant current monitoring and several other mitigation techniques. Several intelligent built-in functions enable NANOamppt to provide a rich set of TM for its autonomous analog MPPT conversion loop. NANOeps represents a key subsystem in the NANOsky 2nd generation platform due to its performance
The NANOamppt presents a dedicated interface between solar panel arrays and the NANOeps system. It implements 8 independent Analog MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) units with overcharge protection. It additionally includes rich local telemetry acquisition (monitoring of all solar panel parameters, including temperature), while exposing that over a redundant CAN-TS bus.
- 8 AMPPT channels, each optimized for a 7-cell (4 cm x 8 cm per cell, triple junction) solar panel.
- Overcharge protection optimized for a 3S LiFePO4 battery pack.
- Dedicated solar panel temperature sensor interface (NTC on solar panel).
- VBAT output to directly connect to the NANOeps BMM.
- Separation Switch interface.
- Instant boot up at power on
- Radiation hardened by design to increase reliability and robustness
- Constant current monitoring and limiting
- Selective components technology selection with flight heritage
- EDAC/ECC protected memories
- Advance three-level FDIR protection
- Watch-dog timer
- Comprehensive local subsystem telemetry (currents, voltages, temperatures, etc.)
- Redundant CAN interface for TM/TC
NANOamppt has a flight proven functionality. It is delivered with skyEGSE-GUI application to enable user immediate out of the box control, monitor and management of the equipment.
NANOamppt is compliant with optional NANOsky CMM™ SDK that provides all functions to support controlling, monitoring and management of NANOamppt equipment. All functions are provided in a comprehensive C++ library, with application-level examples for fast prototyping or functionality integration to a third-party software. This enables users a drastic savings in the development time for integration of SkyLabs equipment functions into customer specific EGSE, AIV/T or even MOC software.
|Number of solar array inputs||8 (each with dedicated AMPPT)|
|Number of NTC inputs||10|
|Solar array (input) parameters||Recommended 7 cell (8cm x 4cm triple junction cell) solar panel:
· 12.1V to 23.3V input voltage
· Up to 557A input current
· Maximum input power of 10W
|Charge (output) parameters||Battery voltage between 7.5V and 10.5V.
Maximum output power of 9W per channel.
|AMPPT efficiency (at 25°C, 25°C solar panels, ideal insolation)||More than 80%|
|Charge protection voltage limit||10.6 ± 0.1V|
|On-board Communication interfaces||Redundant CAN bus for TM/TC|
|Supply voltage||Voltage range between 7.5V and 11V (external supply directly from battery)|
|Dimensions:||95 x 91 x 11 mm|
|Operation temperature||-10 °C to +45 °C|
|Storage temperature||-10 °C to +50 °C|
|Radiation tolerance||> 30 krad (Si)
|Quality Assurance:||ISO 19683:2017, ECSS-E-ST-10-02C/03C, IPC Class3+|